Position Reports to: Student Activities Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
The Campus Driver is responsible for the effective, safe and efficient transportation of students to and from school, student’s home address, designated pickup and drop off locations and campus activities. Use of effective verbal and written communication with staff, students and families. Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain proper care of agency vehicles.
- Provide daily transportation for students with the ability to work a flexible schedule
- Adhere to follow all rules of the road and safety regulations
- Must be able to drive in a variety of weather conditions, highway and expressway driving.
- The ability to sit for long periods.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment inside company vehicles.
- Maintain daily travel logs for the Transportation Department
- Reinforce positive social and behavioral skills, through everyday encounters
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend regular statutory training as well as other role specific training.
- Complete all necessary reports, forms and documentations accurately and timely.
- Work at special events if requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have valid Illinois driver’s license with a clear Motor Vehicle Driving record
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Minimum education level is a high school diploma or GED
- No history of child abuse or neglect.
· Experience working with children and youth ages 8-18 preferred.
· Related working experiences.
Campus drivers work only when school is in session. May be required to make multiple unscheduled trips. Working in Campus Vehicle; Moderate Noise levels.
Sitting for intervals of 20 minutes or more depending on destination, good vision, standing, walking, talking or hearing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.