Position Reports to: Director of Education
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms. Frequent use of computer. Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs.
- Reports to school office at beginning of school day to sign-in, and at the end of the day to sign-out.
- Carries out lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clears chalkboard, etc.
- Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Insures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
- Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Knows school procedures and regulations (5 Basic Skills).
- Performs other related duties as directed by principal.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
- Must have valid Illinois driver’s license with no suspensions in effect within the previous three (3) years of hire.
- No history of child abuse or neglect.
Classroom Environment. Teachers work only the traditional 10-month Academic School Year, usually from mid-August through June. Low to Moderate Noise levels.
Standing, sitting, walking, talking or hearing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.