Position Reports to: Director of Residential Services
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
Administers assigned program(s) within the general policies and guidelines of the Agency; provides overall leadership, supervision and coordination to develop and maintain effective team delivery of services to students, families and House Parents. Use of effective verbal and written communication with staff, students and families. Frequent use of computer. Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs.
- Develop, coordinate and implement program services consistent with program objectives and agency policies.
- Provide direct coaching and support to staff assigned and monitors program for proper utilization of staff and material resources to achieve objectives.
- Make recommendations on hiring, termination, promotions, performance evaluations, and other personnel actions concerning staff assigned.
- Insure adequate coordination takes place with community resources and other agency programs for sound linkage and flow of services.
- Participates in team meetings and uses other meetings to accomplish the objectives the agency has for students and families.
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor.
- Monitor safety, health conditions in assigned areas.
- Ability to work effectively with students and staff in a culturally diverse environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Documentation of supervision.
- Oversees work schedules and coordinates for proper team functioning.
- Participate in agency seminars and in-service programs as designated by administration. Participates and provides input to agency’s training program related to program area.
- Trains staff in area of expertise.
- May assume responsibility for on-call administrator on a rotation basis.
- Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
- On call to address emergencies by phone and in person.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum of five years related experience and ability to effectively provide supervision.
- Must have valid Illinois driver’s license with no suspensions in effect within the previous three (3) years of hire.
- Must have personal vehicle or access to one and provide proof of automobile liability insurance.
- No history of child abuse or neglect.
- Bachelor’s degree in the human services field.
Office Environment. Moderate Noise. Position may require off site travel and attendance at outside events on days and times outside of the normal workweek schedule. Program Manager is on-call 24 hours daily, 7 days a week.
Standing, sitting, walking, talking or hearing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.