Class Room Teacher -Jr. High Reading
Position Reports to: Director of Education
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
Teachers are required to provide curriculum-based educational instruction to students that is consistent with ISAC and State of Illinois Board of Education standards. Frequent use of computer. Maintains flexibility to adjust work schedule according to Agency needs.
· Teach classes and/or periods as assigned by the Director of Education.
· Expected to maintain effective classroom management; and conduct regular assessments of student’s achievement.
· Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student’s progress.
· Participate in student staffing to determine their educational needs and assist in the development of modified education plans to address each student’s individual needs.
· Appropriate maintenance of student records is required to be held in a secure manner, including grade book, and attendance consistent with the Illinois State Board of Education standards.
· The preparation of seating charts and weekly lesson plans to be readily accessible for substitute teachers.
· Participate in curriculum development activities as assigned.
· Participate in in-service sessions as scheduled by the VP of Academic Affairs.
· Ability to work effectively with students and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
· Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate in agency seminars and in-service programs as designated by administration.
· Attend designated Glenwood Academy events, programs and meetings.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Education from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of two years of teaching experience in an elementary or secondary school.
· A current Illinois State Teaching Certificate
· Junior High Reading Endorsement
· Must have valid Illinois driver’s license with no suspensions in effect within the previous three (3) years of hire.
· No history of child abuse or neglect.
Classroom Environment. Teachers work only the traditional 10-month Academic School Year, usually from mid-August through June. Low to Moderate Noise levels.
Standing, sitting, walking, talking or hearing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position meets the FLSA requirements for Exempt.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be all-inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment at Glenwood is an “at-will” arrangement.
This will acknowledge that I have received a copy of the job description for my position.
_________________________ _______________________________ ________________
Print Name Employee Signature Date